To celebrate the anniversary of the passing of the National Aeronautics and Space Act (a.k.a. the NASA space programme), why not try a recipe based on the astronauts’ favourite dish?? That’s right, prawn cocktail ranks the highest among astronaunts favourite food to eat while soaring above our planet, so make sure to give this “out of this world” recipe a go!
Prep: 25 mins
- 400g cooked atlantic shell-on prawns
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, washed and trimmed
- 5 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp tomato chutney
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- tiny splash Tabasco sauce
- squeeze lemon juice
- paprika, for dusting
- 4 tsp snipped chives
- Peel all but 4 of the prawns (reserve these for the tops). Break the lettuces into individual leaves, then divide the leaves evenly between 4 small glass bowls.
- Sprinkle the prawns over the lettuce and season with black pepper.
- Mix the mayonnaise, tomato chutney, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and Tabasco together. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper, then spoon sparingly over the prawns. Dust the top with a little paprika and sprinkle with chives. Top with the remaining prawns and serve immediately. Delicious with brown bread.
With thanks to BBCGoodFood.com