It’s Wednesday… and after talking with friends yesterday about the #crunchysmoothie (a smooth drink with ice, preferably with alcohol – depending how your week is going) so here’s a recipe for some midweek mojitos!
Learn how to make Mojitos with Jamie Oliver’s Drinks Tube & Bacardi. Follow our step-by-step mojito recipe for a refreshing summer cocktail.
- A muddler (or rolling pin)
- A spoon
- A long glass
- 2 parts Bacardi Carta Blanco
- ½ fresh lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
- Dash of soda water
- Cubed ice
- Crushed ice
- To Garnish: Sprig of Fresh Mint
How to mix
- Put the four lime wedges into a glass, then add the sugar and muddle (squish everything together) to release the lime juice
- Put the mint leaves on one hand and clap. This bruises the leaves and releases the aroma. Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop them in. Use a muddler, bar spoon (or even a rolling pin) to gently push the mint down into the lime juice
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the Bacardi Carta Blanco. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves
- Top up with crushed ice, a splash of the soda water and garnish it with a sprig of mint
With thanks to www.jamieoliver.com for the recipe.