Minx and I are obsessed with the Great British Bake Off and made these Triple Chocolate Brownies at the weekend and they are seriously addictive! Super easy to make without having to buy much more than you probably already have in your kitchen cupboard.
These naughty triple chocolate brownies, made by Great British Bake Off winner Jo Wheatley, are moist, chewy and most importantly, completely delicious!
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cooking time:35 mins
- Skill level:Easy peasy
- Costs:Cheap as chips
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 85g milk chocolate, chopped
- 115g unsalted butter, diced
- 300g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract or bean paste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100g plain flour
- 50g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 80g Brazil nuts, chopped
- 20cm square baking tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Tip the dark chocolate and 25g of the milk chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and melt together, either in the microwave on a low setting or in the bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs to the melted chocolate and butter, and mix to combine. Sift both of the flours and cocoa powder into the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped Brazil nuts and the remaining 60g of chopped milk chocolate. Spoon into the prepared tin, spread level and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 30–35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into squares and serve either as a cake or as a dessert with ice cream.
With thanks to www.goodtoknow.co.uk for the recipe.