If like me you’re still looking at ways to finish off the Easter Eggs (because we can’t possibly put them in the rubbish can we???!), then how about making them into a Crème Egg Tray Bake….
- 175 g Unsalted butter softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g icing sugar
- 5 Cadbury Creme Egg smashed up
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180 C, grease and line a 31x20cm shallow tin.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold in.
- Turn into the prepared tin, push into the corners and level out the top. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes (test with a skewer, it should come out clean if cake is cooked). Cool and place on a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and add a little water (few tsp) to make a spreadable icing. Spread over the top of the cooled cake and top with smashed pieces of creme egg.
With thanks to www.recipes.cadbury.co.uk for the recipe.