We had our lovely Becky of Team DC’s birthday last weekend and were feeling a little bit worse for wear the next day… here is a great vegetarian hangover recipe for well, when you need it…
Servings: Serves 1
A quick and healthy vegetarian breakfast with a light cream cheese sauce
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1½ tbsp light cream cheese
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 3 handfuls sliced, small flat mushrooms
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- ¼ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 150ml orange juice freshly squeezed or from a carton
- Toast the bread, then spread with a little of the cheese (don’t use butter).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the mushrooms, stirring frequently, until softened. Spoon in the milk, remaining cheese and the mustard. Stir well until coated. Tip onto the toast, top with chives and serve with the juice.
With thanks to www.bbcgoodfood.com for the recipe