These delightful mincemeat pies look very attractive and are a little lighter to eat than those with a full pastry lid. Use the best mincemeat you can find or perhaps make your own using dried fruit, butter, grated apple and a little syrup. Will make 12.
|200 g||Gluten Free Plain White Flour|
|75 g||Cold Water|
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl.
- Using a fork mash the butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the water and quickly bring the pastry together into a sticky ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling flim and rest it for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pastry out onto a floured surface or between two pieces of cling film.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired thickness and size.
- Cut out circles with a pastry cutter and put these into oiled tart tins.
- Half-fill the pastry tarts with good quality mincemeat.
- Gather up the pastry off cuts and roll out thinly.
- Use a star shaped cutter to cut out pastry stars.
- Place the pastry stars on top of the mincemeat tarts.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or when cold store in a tin until required.
With thanks to www.dovesfarm.co.uk for the recipe.