Whether you’re thinking for the party season or for boxing day or maybe you’re spending Christmas ‘down under’ then who better to share their secrets to the perfect burger than are Patty&Bun Owner and Founder Joe Grossmann with his Top 5 burger tips:
- Try and source a lovely demi brioche bun – it will give you a really nice richness to the end product and will be a good balance with the juicy salty patty.
- Use a great butcher for your meat for your patties – you want a good amount of aged chuck in the mix and very importantly at least 20% fat in the blend that will give you a lovely juicy end product.
- Season the patty with a good amount of salt JUST BEFORE you place on the grill – DO NOT season with salt or pepper when mixing the meats as this will dry out the end product.
- If you can – cloche the cheese on to the patty when cooking to get a great melt – you can use a stainless steel bowl for this at home – 45 seconds before the patty is ready to come off the grill – add the cheese on top and place cloche on top while squirting a bit of water – this will produce the moisture and steam to melt the cheese leaving it melting like no one’s business!
- Cook to pink and juicy – any more and the you won’t get its true meaty flavourssss!
Patty & Bun now have three outlets: 54 James Street, W1U 1HE, 22/23 Liverpool Street, EC2M 7PD and the ‘Patty Food Truck’ A Chevrolet Step Van available for Private Hire and Events.