As a Sesame Street homage to celebrate the 45th anniversary this week of the VERY FIRST episode shown on TV, why not tune in to some classics whilst chomping on these cookies made from Cookie Monster’s Famous Sugar Cookie Dough?
3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking flour
1 teaspoon salt
Medium-sized mixing bowl
Measuring cup and spoons
- Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that’s a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of sugar.
- Pour sugar over butter.
- With fork, squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
- Crack shells of two eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
- Measure 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour over mixture.
- With fork, blend everything in the bowl together.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
- Measure 1 teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
- Mix everything together either with the fork or with your hands.
- Put dough in icebox to chill (at least one hour)
- Roll out cookies 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle with sugar, and bake at 400 degrees until golden.
With thanks to www.thekitchn.com for the recipe