Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year and what a delicious recipe of Black Cat Dippers and Pumpkin Pie dip to mark it:
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
MAKES: 24 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Black paste food colouring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, confectioners’ sugar, pie spice and honey; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out each pie pastry directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cat-shaped cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cutouts. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired. Beat the egg, milk and food coloring; brush over cutouts. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen black cats(3 cups dip).
With thanks to www.tasteofhome.com for the recipe