Real Madeleines – Recipe
A foolproof recipe for making real madeleines
Makes: 25 madeleines
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g plain flour
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine the eggs, honey and caster sugar. Whisk gently for 4 to 5 minutes. Avoid whisking too vigorously (and do not use high speed if using an electric whisk); the end mixture should be frothy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Fold in gently till well combined. Add the melted butter and salt, and stir well. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 240 C / Gas 8.
- Fill silicone madeleine moulds with the mixture, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 minute at 240 C / Gas 8, then reduce the oven temperature to 200 C / Gas 6. Bake for 4 minutes, then reduce again to 180 C / Gas 4 for 5 minutes more.
This entry was posted in Recipes
. Bookmark the permalink